Apply by June 3, PG Diploma, Certificate Programs at National Institute of Sugar, Kanpur
National Institute of Sugar Kanpur-208017, a premier institute under the Ministry of Consumer, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India, has invited applications for admission to various courses for the session academic 2022-23.
The course offered, eligibility and mode of selection are as follows:
* National Sugar Institute Association PG Diploma Course in Sugar Technology: B.Sc. with Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Chemical Engineering or B.Sc. (Sugar Science & Technology) awarded by SNSI Belgavi or Graduation in Food Technology
* National Sugar Institute Association PG Diploma Course in Sugar Engineering: BA or AMIE (from The Institutions of Engineers, India) in Mechanical/Production/Electrical/Electrical and Electronic
* PG Diploma Course in Industrial Fermentation and Alcohol Technology: B.Sc. with Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry / Biochemistry as one of the subjects or B. Tech. in Bio-Technology/Chemistry Engg. or Bio-Chemical Engg.
* PG Diploma Course in Sugar Cane Productivity & Maturity Management: B. Sc. / B. Sc. Agriculture
* PG Diploma Course in Instrumentation & Process Control: BA or AMIE (from The Institutions of Engineers, India) in Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Electrical Electronics/ Applied Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Communication/Instrumentation & Control
* PG Degree Course in Quality Control and Environmental Science: B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Zoology, Botany, Chemistry / B.Sc. with Environmental Science / B.Sc. (Bio-Technology) or / B.Tech (Bio-Technology)
* Sugar Boiling Certificate Course: Matriculate / High School with Science / Agriculture. Experience: One season (minimum 90 days) of pan operation experience in a sous vide pan candy with appointment
* Sugar Engineering Certificate Course: Degree in Mechanical/Production/Electrical/Electrical and Electronics from a recognized Technical School/Polytechnic
* Courses leading to a certificate in quality control: 12 th level in science (physics, chemistry and mathematics).
Admission to the above 9 programs will be based on admission tests which will be held on 26th June 2022 (Sunday) in Kanpur, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Patna, Pune, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Cochin. Details of the test, including the syllabus, are given in the prospectus available at http://nsi.gov.in/. Sample questionnaires are also available on the site. Final year applicants may also apply.
Applications were also invited for an NSI fellowship in (i) sugar technology or sugar chemistry (ii) sugar engineering (iii) fermentation technology. Details are given in the Prospectus.
Application can be submitted on the admission link available at http://nsi.gov.in/ no later than 5 p.m. on 3.6.2022. The application fee is Rs. 1500/- (Rs.1000/- for SC/ST). It can be paid in DD drawn in favor of the “Director, National Sugar Institute” payable at Kanpur.
The printout of the application form must reach the institute by 5 p.m. on 10.6.2022.